Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No te la puedes perder

The universe is has a silly way of keeping me on the edge of my seat.  Wandering aimlessly is not exactly my style.  However, once I finally get to planning, or worse yet scheduling, time seems to speed up.

Standing at a truckstop at impending dusk en route.  My back-up plan just left.  I'm standing straight, holding my breath & playing with the loose strings from my bag.  I'm 2 1/2 hours outside the city & even then it's at least 30 minutes to get to where I'm going.  I told Kelvin I would be there for Game 7.  Hopefully I'll make it for the last period, or overtime, or at all.

Was this a bad idea?  Adversity.  I will overcome.  Rejection Therapy.  I get rejected alot on the road.  Sometimes I forget.  Maybe I'm getting cocky.  I have to call Kelvin, & let him know.  Let him know what?  Did he even get my message?  Do the others know?  Will I be imposing?
After at least an hour in fading light, strong silent Rafael qualms some of my doubts.

The moonrise is ultradramatic.  A spotlight rising in the sky.  There's a photoshoot on the mountains, or we're approaching the nightly Medellin thunderstorm.

A stranger welcomes me in.  Typical.  An Australian; even better!  Mona wiggles as she wags her tail & Anna is making chocolate covered waffles in the kitchen.  Yes!  I forgot how much I love this place.
Hugs, kisses, & a firm headshake from a classy opponent.  It's the middle of the 3rd period & the Boston Bruins are about to win the Stanley Cup.

A short time later, I am catching up with friends on a matress laid out on the terrace.  Lightning, but no rain.  "No!  You can't leave before the weekend!"  Do I have a choice?/Plans are for losers.

Homemade bread & peanut butter, someone's always cooking something up, always music being played.  Where the door is always left open & there are siempre waffles.
Open arms are a great feeling.  I should have never doubted.  It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment